This topic seems to have finally hit the public in anger once again.
Cambridge Analytica has finally become a conversation outside of my echo chamber.
Here are some more recent links:
- 27th June 2017 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40423629/did-cambridge-analytica-play-a-role-in-the-eu-referendum (BBC)
- 17th March 2018 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43440043 (BBC)
- 18th March 2018 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43450127 (BBC)
- 20th March 2018 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43464396 (BBC)
- 20th March 2018 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43465968 (BBC)
- 20th March 2018 – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43465700 (BBC)
It sort of feels like locking the door after the horse has bolted…
Last year’s referendum on Britain’s membership of the European Union broke me.
I recovered relatively quickly by sticking to my personal philosophy and not dwelling on negativity; a part of doing that has happily led to me distancing myself from an emotional involvement in politics.
I’ve tried to force myself to be ignorant of the broken democracy that the rest of my world appears to be addicted to.
Thankfully this particular post is not loaded with personal politics; this post is more of a warning to the incurious.
TL:DR – There is evidence that big money is using NLP style techniques to control modern-day western politics. I provide links to relevant stories and so forth.
View original post 725 more words